Field Service Engineers – 3 positions available.
- Competitive Salary + Company Car + Private Healthcare + Pension + Full Product Training, tools and equipment
- Location: We are recruiting 3 positions to cover 3 areas of the UK: Scotland, East Midlands, and the North West.
- Job Type: Permanent. Field based.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding, specialist technical service and support company primarily focused in the medical diagnostic instrumentation sector. You will work closely with management and contribute to the growth of the business whilst maintaining customer support requirements to a high standard. You will be joining a professional and energetic team totally focused on delivering quality technical services, at an ideal time to establish and develop your role within the business.
You will work within the engineering team and be responsible for providing high levels of customer support by dealing directly with the customer on various technical issues. This will include providing on-site preventative maintenance, installation, breakdown response, fault finding, repair and calibration on a wide range of medical laboratory diagnostic Instrumentation, utilised within pathology departments, NHS laboratories and clinical environments. You will be working primarily within Microbiology Laboratory automation on equipment such as urine analysers, automated ELISA processing systems, robotic liquid handling, molecular extraction systems, bacteriology lab automation, automation of Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing and also some heamatology laboratory equipment such as ESR analysers. Equipment from manufacturers such as Sysmex, Biomerieux, Dynex Technologies, I2a, Tecan and Alifax.
The successful applicant will have their own set of customer sites to support in their geographical area, but will also be required to travel outside of their area on occasion to ensure customer needs are met.
To succeed in this exciting role, you must be able to demonstrate a competent background in a customer facing field service engineering capacity. Applications are encouraged from engineers with relevant experience within the industry such as previous service engineering roles covering haematology, biochemistry, molecular, ELISA automation or similar diagnostic / laboratory instrumentation areas.
- The individual must be flexible and able to react to the changing business needs and manage personal workload as per the current business requirements.
- Have the ability and motivation to deliver excellent on site and over the phone customer support with challenging technical complaints.
- Have a strong knowledge of diagnostic instruments, based on previous experience working in similar service, repair & support roles of medical diagnostic equipment.
- Ability and willingness to travel, with overnight stays if required. The role is field based and although generally you will cover your own specific geographical area, nationwide travel may be required to assist other team members and ensure customer needs are met.
- Possess Electrical and Electronic Servicing qualifications of at least City & Guilds Level 3 and/or an ONC in electronics servicing, although all relevant experience will be considered.
- Be highly technical with an enthusiasm for learning and understanding how complex systems operate and provide a methodical, logical approach to problem solving with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Comfortable and competent in the use of field service tools and electronic test equipment.
- Be self-directed and motivated with the ability to deliver appropriate results, with the enthusiasm to gain new knowledge and take on new challenges.